The Heart Start

Starting yet another blog, and one with an either weirder name. I did try to pick something else, but Heart Food (the name of posts on an old blog) was already taken. Heart Vittles didn't quite sit right. Heart Grub is kind of strange, but then again, I like it. Grub has a nice, down-to-earth ring to it (although it also makes me think of "grubby" which I guess isn't too far off).

The point is, that you need to feed your heart as much as you feed your stomach. Years ago, I titled one of my journals "What You Think On Grows." That's true. What you put in your heart also comes out of your heart. That's why the Bible says to "whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." (Phil. 4:8). If you think on good things, it grows in that direction. If you think on bad things, your thoughts flow that way.

Every morning I spend time with Jesus, just talking with him and reading his word and building the relationship. That feeds my heart. I'm also a verbal processor, so talking with people or journaling help me get my thoughts out and clarify what I'm learning and thinking.

I thought I might start sharing some of the things I've been meditating on and thinking about. Maybe it will encourage some of you too. So, if your heart is hungry, come on in. Heart Grub is open for business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battle

Labor In Love